NOTICE OF COUNT-DOWN TO THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF SOCIETY FOR PEACE STUDIES AND PRACTICE AND LAUNCH OF A NEW WEBSITE FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION, INTRODUCTION OF E-CERTIFICATION, AND IMPROVED EFFICIENCY.
The President, Society for Peace Studies and Practice (SPSP), Nathaniel Msen Awuapila fspsp, on behalf of the National Working Committee (NWC) and the Board of Trustees (BOT), has directed that all esteemed Fellows and esteemed Members to be notified of the following:
1. The Countdown has officially begun for the SPSP'S 20th Anniversary celebration which is scheduled along with the 17th Annual International conference and General Assembly from the 16th-20th October 2023. Sunday, July 9th, 2023, marks a hundred (100) days to the scheduled historic events and all beloved members of the Society are hereby notified. The Society has launched a sub-domain (website) which, among other things, is tracking the countdown to the Conference.
2. By this announcement the President, on behalf of the National Working Committee (NWC) wishes to inform all esteemed Fellows and esteemed Members of the SPSP, that the Society has embraced in full the use of digital technology to ease preparations towards our annual conferences and events. Similarly, SPSP is digitalizing conference registration processes and introducing E-certification, thereby enhancing our corporate effectiveness and reducing the cost of planning and organizing SPSP events, especially conferences and training workshops.
3. The National Working Committee, having consulted appropriately, commissioned an expert to develop a sub-domain (https://conference.spsp.org.ng/) to provide the online services described above. The sub-domain is being developed in stages; the online registration platform including online payments using safe and secure, Central Bank of Nigeria regulated platforms, will be completed and launched in the next couple of weeks. However, for the purpose of increasing awareness about the approaching important triune events, the general information pages of the sub-domain will be launched immediately. SPSP members are welcome to reach out to the Secretariat with their observations and suggestions. Note, again, that the full functionality of the sub-domain will be determined only later in the month, hopefully by the last week of the month. So, members may be conscious of this when sharing their observations and suggestions. Hopefully, beginning from this year, therefore, members of the Society can register for events with greater ease and receive their certificates right in their email inboxes within minutes of completing any programme.
4. Similarly, we are working to sustain the important innovation that our predecessors introduced recently, which is virtual participation at our conferences. We will strive to enhance the option of virtual participation for our members who may not be able to travel from various parts of the world to attend our events in-person.
5. The NWC is committed to seeking the advice of all Members of SPSP during the 2023 General Assembly regarding an agreeable strategy for the phase out of the Traditional (hard copy) Certification method which the SPSP has been operating since inception.
Muhammad Kudu Abubakar, fnipr, mspsp.
National Publicity Secretary, SPSP.